Wednesday, June 15, 2016

WIAW...#FuelYourAwesomeness

So I'm not going to completely blame age (even though I'm living dangerously close to another age group), but my need for a good recovery plan is becoming more and more important, especially after those long runs or days at the gym when I'm lifting heavy.  If I'm going to continue on with my day of being a wife, mom, and teacher then I need to make sure my nutrition is on point!  Protein is a key factor in building muscle and feeding it right so I was super excited to be selected to try out Bob's Red Mill line of protein powders.
You may be familiar with Bob's Red Mill products for their extensive line of gluten free and organic products.  I was new too to seeing their protein powders.  The pea-based protein not only packs a punch of 20 grams of protein but with chia seeds and probiotics you are also getting a healthy helping of omega-3, fiber, and iron!

This month I have been sampling the chocolate and chai flavors after my long runs.  I actually find myself looking forward to a nice icy smoothie about 1 mile from my house!  They don't have the aftertaste that you may have experienced with some powders and they keep me full for hours (which keeps the snack monster away).
Today I mixed things up a bit and mixed my cold brewed coffee with the chai flavor....oh my yum!
I have been loving fueling my awesomeness with Bob's line of protein powders and am looking forward to trying out some of the recipes that came in my goodie box.  Stayed tuned this month for a giveaway that will give you your own samplings of awesomeness!  Also keep up with my Instagram and Snapchat (lilfancynancy) for my experiments with the recipes!!

How do YOU fuel your awesomeness??

1 comment:

  1. I love Bob's products! So happy I can get most of them on this side of the world!

    ReplyDelete