Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday Motivation

With blizzard after blizzard and temps well below the teens, it is safe to say that the winter blahs have hit me hard these past few weeks.  It's hard to get outside...hard to run outside since everything is coated in ice (however I am gunning for a pair of yak traks)...hard to keep the little ones from tackling each other all over the house!  Saturday I decided that enough was enough....with another blizzard looming, I joined up with the Marathon Sports running group.  I didn't care what our mileage or pace was, I just wanted to be outside...to be breathing cold, crisp air...to be with others!  It was glorious!  Today I was up and hit the gym for a brick workout and came home with a smile on my face.  I need to remember these moments...to be pushed to go workout so that my grouchy face will melt away!
How do you beat the winter blahs?

5 comments:

  1. I did the same on Saturday. Layered up and headed out for my long run. Anytime I'm not stuck on the treadmill is a good thing :) And boy, those roads are getting more narrow every storm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exactly the same. If I go two days without some kind of workout grouchy face starts to show up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working out is the only way I stay sane during the winter, it is always best if I can get outside for a run, but if the weather is too awful anything will do. I got in a good run this morning before our winter storm hit. It is cold and snowy out there now, but I got my long run done for the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really feel for you and everyone else out east in the midst of the snowpocalypse.
    I try to make it to the gym as much as possible in the winter, and even if I have to run on the mill, I feel better just having done something. This winter I am staying busy by training for my first Half that's in the spring. It keeps me motivated because I have to keep up with my training.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SENDING YOU THOUGHTS OF WARRRRM.
    here the bad mood beat away is definitely the laughter.
    <3

    ReplyDelete