Friday, October 17, 2014

Fitness Friday...Results=Work

This is probably one of the hardest posts I have written in a long time.  I am a perfectionist...to the bone.  I stress about the big picture as well as all the little details that go into it.  I am not good at waving the white flag and even worse at admitting I have failed at something....yikes FAILURE!  However, like I said on Monday...failure only works if you quit and I am certain that I am not quitting!!!!

I started this journey of 12 Weeks to a Fit Physique excited and hopeful that I was going to emerge looking like the person that I knew was waiting deep inside...strong and lighter than I was.  I remember sitting here and writing my post when I began wanting to only lose about 3 more lbs and really reaching for those infamous Sarah Jessica Parker arms.  Well today I am sad to say that I honestly have about 10lbs left to lose even though my arms are on their way.  I let the summer get the best of me...running all the miles...eating a bite here and a bite there...making excuses...being unfocused and as a result I am in fact farther from my goals than I was when I began. 

Jolynn's program, on the other had, is awesome!!  At the beginning of the 12 weeks I was sent a nutrition plan and 12 weeks of workouts.  There were a few challenges along the way like not having certain equipment at my gym (reason #1 I'm considering a new gym) and really being baffled by the whole macros thing.  It became apparent to me that I function much better when there is no open ended eating plan as long as it fits my macros....seriously I need someone to map this whole macros thing out for me (any takers???)!  Nutrition was my #1 weakness and thus the reason for not hitting my goals.  Like they always say...
The workouts I nailed and even managed to weave together my half marathon training workouts with what was on tap each day from Jolynn.  This is really the area I have found the most success throughout the 12 weeks...I can tell how much stronger I am...finding myself picking up weights that I had shied away from before this whole journey!  I do like the strength and I loved the varied workouts and how they each challenged me in new and different ways.  If only my macros were on point....
Going forward I am not letting this define me and stop me in my tracks.  My plan for myself is to take the next month to learn more about fitting in and planning meals around macros (seriously anyone is more than welcome to educate me!!).  I know that nutrition is where I fall short and want to learn more about this not only to lose weight but to learn how to eat for my body.  After that I am tackling this 12 weeks again...this time focused...this time with blinders on!  I want to prove it to myself that I can do this...that I can see a transformation.  And I'm using you all to hold me accountable....lucky you!!  I think that Jolynn's program is awesome and one that if you are looking for a challenge and to change your body you should check out!!!  Remember though...it is all what you put into it!!! 

I wouldn't be a good blogger if I didn't show you some after pics....I honestly forgot to take befores!!

5 comments:

  1. Clearly it's a great program that works! If you're willing to work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating is my downfall. Especially at work. so much cake and crap this week and I want to eat it all.

    You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy! I've learned to stay far away from the teacher's lounge! If only we didn't have so many birthdays in my family this month!!

      Delete
  3. Holy guns! Your arms are insane! I definitely need to learn more about macros. It's time to reel in my eating habits - I love to work out, so if I had the diet to match, I'm thinking I'd see some results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! Check out your arms! Super jealous here!

    ReplyDelete