Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Virtual Summer with JostRunning

We wrapped up a great summer in August with another virtual race for Em and I with Jost Running.  This past month we "Hit a Homerun" to raise money to send children to Camp Promise, a week long camp for kids with muscular dystrophy and similar neurological disorders. I ran the half marathon and Em was all geared up to run her miles this month but I think she psyched herself out.  I didn't want to push her too hard and make her have a negative association with running (since I'm hoping one day we'll be running buddies) so she biked her miles again this month and did great!  The medals are again not too shabby!  They are so fun and part of me thinks Em does it for the sparkle!!
I am so thankful I was able to partner with Jost Running for this Summer of virtual running!!  I hadn't heard too much about their organization before but I must say they know how to rock the virtual races!!  Yes the medals are awesome but they also make sure they are supporting some really great charities with their earnings!  I'm also thankful Em and I were able to share this Summer pushing ourselves toward a goal each month.  It got us all as a family out and on the road!


In September Jost Running is soaring to support Team for Kids.  Here is a blurb from their website to let you know what Team for Kids is all about.
Team for Kids is a committed group of adult runners from around the world who add meaning to their miles by raising funds for NYRR's Youth and Community Services programs while training for major endurance events. The funds they raise provide free or low-cost health and fitness programs to kids who would otherwise have little or no access to regular physical activity. These programs serve more than 200,000 children each year in more than 800 schools and community centers in New York City, across the nation, and around the world. 
Easy as pie to head on over and sign up for this month's virtual race with Jost Running or any of their upcoming races and do something with your miles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment