Thursday, February 14, 2013

TTT...What I'm Loving Today

Now that my long runs are back in full swing and half marathon training is in full effect...oh yeah and in honor of the big Valentine's Day, I thought I would share a few things I am loving these days!

Saucony....OK so this is nothing new.  Actually it has been a 15 year affair but I am loving the bright colors and well just how awesome they make my feet feel!  Seriously there must be someone on their design team that is thinking of me with each shoe...I mean really neon and pink!!  My go to tried and true has been the Ride but this past summer I checked out the Kinvara and LOVED them.  Now I am super psyched to try out the new Virrata!!  They are only 6.5 oz and amazing!  Stay tuned for a review!

Podcasts...Now that I have gotten into the habit of running with my iPhone (since I want to be uber safe!), I have really loved listening to the podcasts from my two favorite ladies, Sarah and Dimity from Another Mother Runner!!  

They not only give me lots of great info but they crack. me. up!!!  It is like you are sitting there having a coffee with them...takes my mind off my freezing face and burning lungs! I'm so glad they went to once a week so I have a new one waiting for me each week!!

Nuun....So maybe I'm a little late to the Nuun party but I had resisted it before due to a very cranky belly.  I still do not drink it during a run for the same reason but I have found a new use for it that works wonders for me post run!  

In the past, I would finish a run and about an hour later have a horrible headache that would last all day.  This is probably due to my lack of drinking during the run coupled with not properly refueling after.  Lately I have been walking in the door and making myself a big bottle of Nuun....problem solved!  I keep the headache away plus get a little jolt of energy!

What are you loving on this Valentine's Day???

14 comments:

  1. myself?
    so that I can now head off and love others.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear what you think of the Virrata - I can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just purchased some pink Sauconys too. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hydration has always been a big issue for me I just don't like to drink water so I have to force myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Love those Saucony's. Happy "Heart" day to you and my little gal pal friends:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for new shoes!! I'm excited to try Saucony's soon too... I've never worn them. Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to hear what you think of those new Sauconys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving my extra days off this week. I also have a love of Nuun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool... the Saucony colors are rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love listening to podcasts when I run. I also will sometimes listen to audiobooks. Its a great way to pass the time and you learn something at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Saucony sneakers look awesome!!!! I have to try to listen to another mother runner, never have but heard the podcasts were great!! I love nuun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. good to know about the podcasts! the shoes look really cool! Happy heart day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recently started listening to the same podcast and LOVE it!!! Do you listen to any other podcasts? So far I only listen to them.

    ReplyDelete