Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sidelined.....For Just a Moment I Swear!!!

This weekend I was so excited to get in 15 miles of running....10 were glorious on Saturday making me forget at times that I was carrying around another person and thankful for the strong body that I have.  5 were not so pretty but done on Sunday while bringing Em on a much needed park visit!  Now mind you, like most people in the world, I didn't just run this weekend.  Wedged into every moment was 9 loads of laundry (I swear someone is breaking into our house and leaving their laundry), dusting, playing, and grocery shopping (which is like an Olympic sport when I am alone to see how fast I can get it done!). 

Monday morning I woke up with a sore, swollen ankle and a very sore lower abdomen.  I thought to myself, "I'll just take the morning off and do some cardio tonight."  The pain in my side got worse, however the doctor must not have been too concerned since we played phone tag twice and then I just never heard back.  I brought Em to the track to watch my high schoolers' meet and by the time I got home my ankle was really swollen and red/warm to the touch.  You're kidding me right?  I hustled over to my Aunt's house, who is actually a retired physh nurse but since she has the word nurse in her job description I figured she could diagnose me!  Her recommendation...go see a doctor and don't run until you do!

Yeah I'm not a very good sick person....period.  It is only magnified when I am stressed and can't run.  I found this shirt that best describes how I feel right now....
Our last running group day is tomorrow before we head out to the track so I am willing my body to recover so I can join in on the fun!  Even if I cut my mileage down as long as I can run!  My hubby starting throwing out words that never should be uttered to a running momma like "bed rest" and "ride a recumbent bike".  Yeah not going there just yet!!!

12 comments:

  1. haha. this made me laugh because the shirt i can relate to and also the words that should never be uttered.thinking of you and hope you can get that run in that you are hoping for:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope everything is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I NEED THAT SHIRT!!!!!!

    I hope your ankle is feeling better in a jiffy though so you can get back out there and enjoy your runs.

    (No recumbent bike for me either, I think I'd rather just blow up to epic proportions - tonight I'll be riding the upright bike while wearing my boot. Sexy, I tell ya!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh Nancy! You are doing such a great job. Hang in there and I hope that the ankle is nothing serious and that there is no more abdomen pain. Rest up and be careful. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So hard I know! Listen to your body and know that running isn't going anywhere. Just take it a day at a time. Hope you are feeling good otherwise during this exiting time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shirt rocks!!! I really hope rest will do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want that shirt!! Very funny but not so funny when you honestly have to wear it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh! Congrats! Take care of yourself...you do not want to be on bedrest (although the first week was nice). The month I was on it absolutely killed my fitness level.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great shirt. Sorry that you are not feeling well and I hope you get some answers fast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, bummer! I'd definitely say see a dr... I took some time off for a twisted ankle, and finally got it looked at 2 weeks later and was told it was fine to run through... hoping it's nothing serious! And way to go on 15 miles this weekend, you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck buddy!! I sure hope it was just an off week.. HUGS and get well asap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no, I hope you feel much better by now!! What a great shirt!!

    ReplyDelete