Thursday, November 17, 2011

Three Things Thursday

Thursdays have meant many things to me through the years....thirsty Thursday...payday...personal training day....and Three Things Thursday!!!  Here are your random three things....enjoy!

1.  Get your race on!....Heather over at Run Faster Mommy is co-hosting a virtual race to raise money for TNT!  It is a virtual 5k that you need to run on December 17th....head on over by clicking here.  Donate and be part of this fun virtual race....you even win a medal....woo hoo bling bling!!

2.  Long one.....One of the races I am tossing around on my schedule is a 20 miler in Martha's Vineyard.  A few things are keeping me from hitting the register now button....ummmm yes Martha's Vineyard is a beautiful place but have you ever been on the island in  February (yeah completely different place!).  That's the easiest excuse...that and I need to make sure I'm not teaching that weekend.  The real excuse....I'm scared!  I feel like I have half marys in the bag and they don't intimidate me quite like they used to but a 20 miler is.....well just 6.2 miles short of a full marathon!  Yes my last marathon experience was many years ago and I am a much different runner today....but it is one of those things that leaves me weak in the knees.  Plus....how do I train for such an odd distance?  I want to do it.....HELP!!

3.  Missing runs....Yesterday running group moved to a different venue and will be on the road from now until Spring.  I however missed it since it was pouring and freezing and well....staying inside and playing cook with Em was more appealing.  I planned on going to the gym after Em went to bed but when the time came I was wiped!  The thing that surprised me was I spent the next 30 minutes rationalizing with myself on how I could make up the mileage....shooting for 1500 miles has me running numbers in my head all day!  Anyone else?

I hope you enjoy your Thursday!!!  This time next week I'll be elbow deep in turkey and what not!  Yum-o!!!

10 comments:

  1. do the race! It's so much fun to do non-traditional distances. And love M.V., although you may have a point about the Feb. thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- DO the race! Yes, February is never a great time to race, but I'm sure you won't regret it :).
    I did the same thing yesterday- didn't do my run in the morning, but spent all evening beating myself up about it! I almost went out and did it at 10pm- but I'm scared of running at night by myself. Not scared when it's dark in the morning, though. Go figure :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't pass up a chance to run there! I hope you take it :)

    Mileage goals...I found myself cramming two years ago and decided I wouldn't put myself through that again. But it was fun and i barely squeeked the miles in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! cant believe only 1 week till thanksgiving. you should totally go for the 20 miler! you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should go for it Nancy! You can so do 20 miles. I spend as much time if not more running the weekly mileage numbers and rationalizing with myself about a missed run when I'm training. It's kind of funny. It would probably take less time if I'd just go run :)

    Can't wait for turkey and all the trimmings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I can handle 20 and it's the last 6.2 that kick my butt! You should definitely do it! Run 16 milers or something like that. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it girl!! Thanksgiving, a week away, so HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think a 20 miler sounds pretty cool. I wish there were more races with distances between a half and a full marathon. I think I might be more inclined to work my way up to a marathon if there were more steps in between.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you're going for a 20-miler in beautiful gorgeous Martha's Vineyard, you might as well use a marathon training plan, IMO.

    And if you've already got a 20-miler under your belt, you might as well sign up for a marathon, maybe in March?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for reminding me about Martha's Vineyard 20 miler! I have yet to do it and it's on my must-do list. Hmmmm, I think I'll pencil it in for now....

    And if we both do end up running it, we'll totally have to meet!

    ReplyDelete