Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Date with The Biggest Loser

While it would be very nice to have a workout date with.....
This post is about a habit I was thinking about today.....a date with.....
After I had Emma, I had 50lbs to lose.  A friend of ours gave us his old treadmill that was collecting dust in his basement.  While it was older than my high school diploma, it did the trick.  During this journey, a high school friend of mine was a contestant on The Biggest Loser.  Maybe you remember him....Rudy...
Yeah he rocked it!  Well I began spending my Tuesday nights watching his journey while ticking off the miles on the mill.  Rudy and the show inspired me to go longer....go faster...push harder.  Watching the contestants push themselves to their limit gave me the push to do the same.  Well it has been a tradition I look forward to.  While we left our old mill behind, I still have a weekly date with the mill and Biggest Loser only this time it is at the gym!

7 comments:

  1. The contestants on The Biggest Loser are SO inspiring! They work so hard and I love to see the look of accomplishment on their faces. I lalso ove that you used that as a focus when you were working out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that show inspires people! I always wonder if people watch it and say "wow that looks hard" or "wow - I want to do that". Good to know that it happens!

    PS - Did you get my email about the cards?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its awesome you make that date every week. I havent been watching the past few seasons but I still love the show! I did watch when Rudy was on and he did great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE the biggest loser. it really is so inspiring. watching it while you work out sounds like the best idea ever...so motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love biggest loser too! I sometimes watch it on the trainer. It is one of the reasons that I did my first tri

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool! Has Rudy kept his weight off?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well how neat that you know a contestant. Must make the show more real to you. I have always watched but the they way they are editing this year make this batch of conteststants seem very whiny and annoying!

    ReplyDelete