Thursday, June 9, 2011

Three Things Thursday

Gooooood morning all!!! Can you tell I stopped to get a coffee this morning! Say it with me...."Medium iced turbo.....YUM!!!" So without further ado here are my three things....

1. "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great" This quote was from Lesley at Racing it Off and it really sums up what I have been reflecting on a lot. As much as I talk about running faster and getting prs I have recognized that it is the fear of failing that keeps me from really going out there to get it. Same for marathon running. I want so badly to run another but along with the fear of totally stressing out my family, there is that lingering feeling of what if I don't do any better. I realize that that is highly unlikely but you know how it goes. I am determined to lose the fear!!! "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline". Timothy 1:7.

2. I have felt like I have hit my stride this week with running....like really feeling like myself again! I'm looking to the Fall for a race or two to train for. I really love doing long races in the Fall...just beautiful around here! I am hoping to get out early (5am) tomorrow morning to get in my run since I am heading to visit the fam. Since I am a complete scaredy cat and think that someone is going to steal me, this is a stretch for me. We shall see! Also on the fitness front...my brother-in-law wants his P90X back....how dare he!!! Any suggestions for something just as good just not as pricey???

3. This weekend is high school graduation. Since I only check my mailbox once a month (it's a 1/4 mile away...although that would add mileage) I didn't realize that teachers walk in graduation. So it looks like I am going to be putting on this getup Sunday!



As I see it I paid $150 for this whole shebang so I need to work at the high school for at least 10 years to get my money back!!!

Have a great Thursday all and stay cool!!!!

11 comments:

  1. You look like one of the high schoolers with your young looking face! I just wen to the graduation of my first ever class I taught in 2001 when they were 3rd graders..so cool! P90x...I borrowed this from a friend...have not used it yet...is it easy to get through? I'm sure Jillian might seem like such small potatoes after doing that but I find that she gets good results for toning up. I don't have trouble zones but her trouble zones one is great! IMO. Also, love your #1 here! Great food for thought this morning. Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you copy the p90x? what about insanity? is that just as pricey? I am savoring number 1 this morning. I definitely have started holding myself back for some reason, but really can't get to the bottom of it...I guess I just have to let go:)
    I am loving the greaduation outfit...you look like you should be graduating:) Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love #1. So. So. True.

    Congrats on a great week of running! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy your #1 totally struck a nerve with me too! I need to give up the good and get my great on! I may steal this for tomorrow's post. But if I do, I'll link back at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love #1 - something I'm trying to embrace too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so needed to read #1 today! I was thinking that on my run this morning! Love it!

    Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that quote as well!!! Enjoy wearing the cap and gown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an awesome quote! Good luck finding a race for the fall and enjoy your cap and gown =) -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. You crack me up! I second Jillian videos... and I did P90x and it definitely was still challenging. I like No More Trouble Zones, Yoga Meltdown, Six Week Six Pack... those are all very challenging videos. More challenging than 30 Day Shred in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great quote and I am pretty sure I needed to hear that verse too! I've been quite worrisome lately with "whatever" is going on with my heart and have Been afraid to run.

    Bodyrock.tv has some kickbutt workouts (and usually short) or also the Nike training club app if you have an I-product of sorts. I don't know the Shred but jillians no more trouble zones is good too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the verse! good reminder!

    ReplyDelete