Thursday, May 19, 2011

Three Things Thursday-Embrace Random!!!

1. Need for speed...cue Maverick and Goose! Tuesday I nailed my speed work and it felt GREAT!!! I wanted to do 3X1600 with 800 in between and I wanted them to be negative splits. Nailed it!!! They went a little like this....8:27, 8:12, 8:00. The half-mile in between I kept at a 9 min/mile pace. I finished the run at 6.5 miles and felt so excited that I nailed it!

2. Don't Stop Believing.....T at My Life & Running posted a print that said "She believed she could so she did" I love this! One of the things I have tried to continually remind myself is that I have to stop underestimating myself. I am stronger and faster than I give myself credit for. Do you find yourself doing the same thing? It is easy for me to encourage others but when it comes to myself there is always doubt or fear of failing.

3. Go Girls Go!!!....Speaking of encouraging others, dear friend and invaluable running buddy Jill is running the Harpoon 5 miler with her best bo Brian this Sunday in Boston. Jill has brought me to a whole new level with running and has been an amazing friend! Normally she could rock this with her eyes closed but she has been under the weather lately and could use a HUGE dose of encouragement. Plus this is Brian's longest race yet....head on over and give them a shout out at One Tough Cookie and a Beer. I am so thankful for both of them and know they are going to do GREAT....plus you get beer when your done!!! Also, my great friend Carrie is running Run to Home Base 9k this weekend in Boston. I ran with Carrie during her first 5k and she has since completed a half marathon and many other shorter races! She rocks even though she doesn't always think so! Good luck this weekend Carrie!!

9 comments:

  1. oooooh I LOVE Top Gun. In fact in high school when I got my first horse I named him Maverick. :)

    Great job on your run!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on your track workout, speedy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WELL DONE on your speed work out!
    You are 'back on track':) Thank you for your shout out. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for feeling the need the need for speed.

    Don't stop believing. Awesome.

    You. Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I needed #2 today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are fast my friend. Great speed work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog (found it off another blog). I think speed workouts are my favorite because I always feel so accomplished afterwards.

    ReplyDelete