Friday, March 4, 2011

Oh Thank Heaven for Friday!

This has been one of those weeks where I am limping into Friday! Stress levels have been high and thus leading to angry belly issues....people say just relax so then I stress about not relaxing! You can see why I am so excited for the weekend right?!

Yesterday the Em that I left in the morning was replaced by her evil twin. I mean I seriously thought I had my invisible suit on...she just did whatever she wanted! The hubs came and brought her for dinner with his parents while I cried on the couch. Days like this make me feel like a bad mom. I know it is irrational but I also know that many of you have felt this way before. Terrible twos or whatever stage your child is in, some days need a reset button! I only allowed myself a few seconds of a pity party before I decided that I needed to run...you know that kind of run where each worry falls off with each drop of sweat!

I wasn't sure how it would go since my last two runs had to be cut short due to a cramping belly. I started off slow and gave myself about 2 miles to warm up. Then it happened....I got in my zone....my happy place! I could have run forever but I wanted to get home to put Em to bed so I got in 5.5 miles....very happy!!!

This weekend Em and I are headed to RI for fun and hugs and a long run in a familiar place! My niece's birthday party is this weekend...Abe Lincoln theme since he is her favorite person of the month(My sis never backs down from a challenge). I can't wait!!!

TGIF

5 comments:

  1. My stress levels have been off the charts this weekend, too. I hope things get better on your weekend getaway! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to get a run in and that it helped! I so know what you mean about some days needing a reset button! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you have that relationship with running. To give you that time to de-stress. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad the run helped and you got to your happy place!! Enjoy the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Running is a great way to de-stress! So glad you were able to get in a run and also get into your "happy place"!!

    ReplyDelete