Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What do you need?

Well today we were missed by the second part of a major storm...I guess it is the benefit of being hanging out over the ocean. Many times it is too warm to snow so instead it just rains...listening to the rain now I am so thankful that it is rain and not snow!

Yesterday I was home with Miss Em since she has been running a mystery fever. She was feeling much better but rules are rules so I stayed home. My Mom must have been doing the payback dance because Little Miss is a bear when she is sick...just like Mommy! Sorry Mom! Needless to say I was ready to dash out the door and go for a run!

Well I needed a run in the worst way. I needed to sweat out my life for at least an hour on the treadmill. Just run until my skin wasn't crawling! Well my body had other plans. My stomach began cramping around mile 1 and only got worse. I had to stop twice to keep the nausea down and ended up only getting in a shotty 4 miles and leaving me more discouraged than before. I knew what was causing the stomach malfunction and should have known that it was going to rear its ugly head when I didn't want it to! My body is like a stress thermometer...the more stress the more pissed it gets with me! What it doesn't understand is that if it would just cooperate and let me run a lot of the stress would melt away! Hopefully today will provide me with lots of melting miles!

What do you need to wash the stress away?

7 comments:

  1. my son has that fever thing too! I just ran on the treadmill, while looking out the window at all the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, stomach issues during runs is the worst... I hope today's run goes more smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stress is a crazy thing, I swear it does so much more to our bodies than we give it credit for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blah! Sorry about the fever and the stomach issues. Here's to better running soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anxiety is a funny thing. I get the same way when I might miss a workout. Thank god for my dvds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stress messes with the best of us!! I'm sorry your run got interupted by it, but glad you got in 4 miles at least!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just like you - a run!!! hope your stomach is ok.

    ReplyDelete