Sunday, January 3, 2010

Veggies IBS Style!

Well I am feeling actually human today! I can't believe that strep throat kick my bootie like that! I am attributing it to the fact that before Christmas I was running on complete empty. I really ran myself down and then WACK I'm sick! Either way it is time to almost start the week again back to work (even though I am secretly hoping for just one more day with all this snow!) and I started again on my veggies!

I love love love salads but the most definitely do NOT love me back! Stomach cramps and countless other things that those with IBS know and love! When I started the HBBC I really wanted
to challenge myself to get in all my veggies every day. A friend of mine gave me this recipe and I am sharing it with you because I LOVE it! You take an veggies you want...I use zucchini, summer squash, onion, peppers, and baby bellas. The more you use the more you will have. You chop up all your veggies and put them in a roasting pan. Drizzle a little olive oil and lots of balsamic vinegar over the top. I season with a little sea salt and red pepper flakes. Then you bake it at 400 degrees for 1 hour. This is what comes out. It make look a little yucky but it is the bomb and it doesn't wreak havoc on my belly! I portion it out for the week for my lunches and use the rest for a side for dinners during the week. You can do a lot with it for lunches. So far I have mixed it with a little quinoa for some protein. Also I have put it in a flax wrap with a little hummus and spinach...so yummy!

I can't believe the vacation is over...being sick stunk! However I am looking forward to getting back to my routine and reaching for my goal of losing 13lbs! This coming week, since I threw up a big whammy last week, I am going to reach for my highest total for the HBBC yet...it has one more week right??????

No comments:

Post a Comment